Nate Trosky is joined by Kyle Pullins as Nate continues to discuss common fundamental flaws of amatuer infielders.
Topic: Continuation of the 10 Common Fundamental Flaws of Amatuer Infielders including:
#7 Lack of Positioning and Repositioning throughout a game!!!
Understanding the speed of runners!
- How I approach the ball
- Positioning according to speed of the runner
- Developing a system
- Read, Recognize, React
- How do I know the speed of a runner?
- Batting order: 1,2, 9 usually have speed
- Defense positioning (center fielder, SS)
- Body Type
- Observing movement and posture
- Pregame action
- “Whatever you make important, you’ll get good at”
- Gathering information is essential
- Scouting Reports
- Gathering information
- Gaining that edge
- Are they getting out of the box quickly? Or do they get out slowly?
- Player development
- On the run
- Back hand
- Jump throw
- Throwing footwork
- No step, one step, two step, jump throw, no throw
- Using your legs when making a throw