Nate Trosky and Trent Mongero are joined by guest Perry “Bone” Hill. Perry has spent 35 years in professional baseball and is currently the Seattle Mariners MLB Infield Coach. This in depth infield conversation covered “Bone’s: 6 F’s of infield Play and much more.
1. Balls of the Feet when the Ball is in the Hitting Zone
1. Break down wide
3. Funnel/Thumbs Down
1. Bottom of your sternum/breast bone
2. Thumbs Down
1. Gives you front side
2. Arm short
3. Elbow same as shoulder
4. Fingers on top of the ball
1. 2 D’s = Distance and Direction
1. One or two steps which prevents the dreaded recoil
– Start at the foundation and then they climb the stairs!
– Make the play 2-3 steps away every single time!
– No way to make 6 errors without great fundamentals!!!